Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

yep agreed all around...

Just outta high school when I was working a factory job and going to school I went on a BIG vinyl kick. Infact, it was a co-worker I met at the plant who was BIG into vinyl that got me into it. He was and is still not an audiophile, hes a normal, older, stereo nerd who loves music and good full sounding rock. Good guy, was real inspiration for me. He was purely in it for the fun of collecting music and jamin tunes.

To be honest, as a parent of a 4 y/o and a more than full time job, Ive been big into CDs. No free time, like the quick convenience of CDs for expanding the collection. And now more than ever, CDs are cheap and abundant. Found allot of neat gems at thrifts and shops. Oddly enough, found allot of great classical, Telarc, Grammaphone, Denon, RCA Red Seal, Odd label at thrifts. Its kinda my generation, adult, phase out of CD music. Like what the older generation of my youth did when vinyl went out. Again, history repeats. But this may be the last of that with everything being in-tangible and digital. Sigh... oh well...

I too maintain an optimistic attitude about the future of music and youth getting into good music. Ive met plenty of young people who were into good music and knowledgeable. Heck, just got a 22 y/o intern here at work who loves classic rock and really knows his stuff. Access to music has never been better. Also theres allot of talent out there too. Just doesnt get the deserved exposure they warrant given a better audience.

I was recently involved in a discussion, off in General, about music of today and youth tastes and habits. I wont bother saying who I going back and fourth with, anyone interested can see for themselves. But I just couldnt wrap my brain around how anyone could be THAT disheartened and abysmally negative about the music scene today. I really was in awe as I wasnt expecting such an attitude and one sided view. There was no 2 way dialog. Anyway, I just dont see this level of hopelessness some seem to see in music and youth today. Could it be better yes. But theres CLEARLY allot of talent out there, and access to great music has never been better. With exposure and diversity in such great numbers, its simply harder to narrow down what one can be interested in and invest time into. As the sea of selection gets better organized, and sites gain better recognition and established track records, people will taste test and find their callings. It will get much better is my guess.

Who knows. Im having fun!

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.