Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

While materials have changed, performance has not...

Performance has really not changed. There are field coil tweeters that still compete with anything. There are full range vintage drivers that still compete with anything. There are 70-80 year old woofers that still compete.

Crossover parts, magnetic, suspension and cone materials may have changed. The end result is still the same. Musical playback in the home or studio, with realism in mind, has not changed. Ask the very affluent collectors why they went back to field coil speakers. They didn't do it for history; believe me. They truly believe the field coil stuff is inherently faster and more pleasing.

Now, I am not degrading anything new or newer, mind you. Plus, I'm not looking for a confrontation. The road to hifi in the home has many avenues. If you derive your musical enjoyment with more modern speakers, electrostatic or planar drivers, three, four or five way xovers, that is great; for you and for me. Nobody can take away our enjoyment with our own home listening systems; whatever components they may have. After all, this hobby/obsession is really about personal listening enjoyment. Thus, please ENJOY !

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.