Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: BIC 960 Turntable

Thnaks you for your kind words and I apologize for my rather rude tone in my first response.

Anyway, I have just always liked the original 900 series and have had a 980 since 1976 and have bought several other models in the intervening years through eBay. I have also acquired most all of the service manuals and have read them several times. And, I guess taking them apart many times helps too.

The 1000 is even more incredible.

It really isn't out of the realm of possibilities that some company got BIC to supply them with parts to make up a turntable kit. Of course, maybe that lady's idea of a kit was installing the headshell and spindle. \:^)

The original orange belts are excellent. My original one from my 980 is still in use in a 60Z I bought as the belt in that had been shredded by the variable diameter motor pulley coming apart. I had put a new belt in the 980 as the original had stretched a bit but I really would not have had to.

They are made of some compound other than rubber, silicone as you suggested or some other polymer.

I live in Minnesota and it's anything but temperate. \:^)

Doug

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: BIC 960 Turntable - Doug G. 05:28:22 12/30/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.