Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: $200-$400 1950s-19602 turntable recommendations

The best choice if you really want to be period specific is the Dual 1019. Interchangable headshell (but hard to find extra shells), changer, bulletproof, and excellent performance.

The Dual 1229 is a product of the early 1970's so it does not really match your criteria...

The earlier Miracord changers (like the 10 or 40) are also very nice units. I always liked the pushbutton controls on those....very neat. I wish I owned one.

If you want to go the manual route, I would also suggest looking at the Empire 598...lots of those around and they look very cool. They have interchangeable headshell mounts, but are even harder to find than the Dual 1019. All of these units would be a cosmetic match to the Fisher if that's a consideration.

Of course if you REALLY want to go crazy, you might consider the Fisher-Lincoln turntable....offered at the same time as the 500C. Plays both sides of a record automatically...when it works.....which, apparently, was virtually never.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.