Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

caution, deep marketing enclosed

Put on your boots, from a Sansui brochure:

"Here it is, Sansui's history making 4-channel synthesizer Decoder QS-1., the ingenious yet inexpensive Sansui instrument that magically transforms two channel stereo signals into a breathtaking live sound field. An extraordinary stereo achievement, the QS-1 is having a profound impact on the entire world of stereo in two ways. First it permits stereo enthusiasts to continue to use and enjoy their present 2-channel stereo equipment and program sources while moving into the new audio era. And secondly, it is obviating the need for 4-channel sources per se because, as distinguished audio technicians have attested, the QS-1 actually surpasses any 4-channel devices yet developed in terms of sound field brilliance. This remarkable reproduction is accomplished through the use of an exclusive new decoding matrix which establishes more distinct images of original sound sources than ever before, and through a technique called "phase modulation" by which direct and indirect sound waves are fused to precisely duplicate the way they would be heard in a concert hall surroundings. In addition, the QS-1 so dramatically improves the smoothness and dynamic range of reproduced sound that even compact speaker systems can render sound as life-like and powerful as that heard from much larger systems. With the QS-1, the age of the multi-dimensional sound field has arrived. Styled to match the elegance of other distinguished Sansui components, it can nontheless be incorporated in any quality stereo system. And for a very modest investment, the new audio age is yours to enjoy."

Wow, I NEED one of these! audio nirvana awaits.... now how do I hook it up?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • caution, deep marketing enclosed - djgaloot 20:07:48 07/14/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.