Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

The advertising copy for THX (that's what you posted)

would lead you to believe that their standards are rigidly based upon qualitative standards. They are not. Some THX stuff is exceptional. Some is crappy. Folks reading your excerpt about the THX standards might reasonably believe that ALL THX certified components live up to the promise as stated in the text. Obviously, such is not the case. I didn't take anything out of context. The criteria for speakers is demonstrably a joke with the inclusion of the Logictech computer speakers.

...because you distorted what I said
Whatever did you say that I "distorted"? I agreed that folks really liked the $150 powered speakers. I based my notion of "what the certification represents" on the ad copy you provided.

It would really be a useful tool if the THX standards weren't watered down to the point of irrelevancy. Sorry if you don't appreciate my sense of humor. :)

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • The advertising copy for THX (that's what you posted) - E-Stat 16:09:39 03/22/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.