Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Are your AR-9s certified?

No, my AR-9s are not certified, they are full range speakers. But my Vance Dickason designed home theater speaker system I built is, and it's superb. Of course it cost much more than the product sold at Wal-Mart.

The AR-9s make gorgeous music, the HT system makes great movie sound. I wouldn't dream of switching them. They are doing two different tasks, which it seems you have a hard time grasping for some reason.

BTW, did you notice how high the customer ratings are on the Logitech product you linked to? For a non-audiophile these appear to be a very pleasing purchase. I'm sure there are far better THX certified speaker systems out there, but even this system appears to be very satisfying.

You still don't seem to understand what the certification represents. If you did, you'd know that THX is not a standard you would seek in order to certify the ultimate in general audio system performance. It's a HOME THEATER standard - that's not the same thing. It's designed to help people select components that will help them reproduce (as much as room/budget/WAF/etc. make possible) the movie theater performance. That's it.

But if it makes you feel better to mock me then go ahead. I just won't be replying anymore. You have at it though.

Edits: 03/22/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.