Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Nakamichi PA5 and PA7, opinions

Just to add one more thing about the Onkyo. I think I only paid $35 for the thing so I don't have much financially or emotionally invested in it. Aside from public radio, this singals around here have such poor quality that any problems with the sound of a tuner would be masked by the much greater problems of the signal.Just to add one more thing about the Onkyo. I think I only paid $35 for the thing so I don't have much financially or emotionally invested in it. Aside from public radio, this signals around here have such poor quality that any problems with the sound of a tuner would be masked by the much greater problems of the signal.

It is best to keep things calm. I have seen some heated confrontations on the various Asylums.

I never head the ADS with true bi-amping but I have heard what it did for other speakers. It is the way to go! I wish I would have had a chance to hear 2030's but I can only dream! I do like what ADS did. I have owned ADS L500, 990 and still own 810 speakers.

ADS amps and speakers were the best sound I ever heard in a car, period!

That was quite an interesting read about Mac gear. Mac is the only company I am aware of that still makes a full-function preamp, so if I ever by new, they would be high on this list. Fortunately, my stereo and my TV are in different rooms. If I do go Mac, it looks like I need to go all the way. Of course you never know what will show up on the thrift store shelves. Your frend was lucky to have someone guiding him through the setup. Knowledgeable salesman are going the way of the dinosaur.

I did like the looks of the ADS Atelier system but you are right about the controls. They did sound very good.

If you want to talk about damping fluid, I have a J.A. Michell Hydraulic Reference! It is a pain to setup, but it is beautiful, and with some stiffening of the arm board, sounds quite good. My LP12 has taken over for the most part though.

Dave

It is best to keep things calm. I have seen some pretty headted confrontains on the varous Asylums.

I never head the ADS with true biamping but I have heard what it did for other speakers. It is the way to go! I wish I would have had a chance to hear 2030's but I can only dream! I do like what ADS did. I have owned ADS L500, 990 and still own 810 speakers.

ADS amps and speakers were the best sound I ever heard in a car, period!

That was quite an interesting read about Mac gear. Mac is the only company I am aware of that still makes a full-function preamp, so if I ever by new, they would be high on this list. Fortuneatily, my stereo and my TV are in different rooms. If I do go Mac, it looks like I need to go all the way. Of course you never know what will show up on the thrift store shelves. Your frend was lucy to have someone guiding him through the setup. Knowledgable salesman are going the way of the dinosaur.

I did like the looks of the ADS Atelier system but you are righ about the controles. They did sound very good.

If you want to talk about daming fluid, I have a J.A. Michell Hydsraulic Reference! It is a pain to setup, but it is beautful, and with some stifining of the armboard, sounds qute good. My LP12 has taken over for the most part though.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.