Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Vintage Grundig Majestic Stereo Console

I just purchased a vintage G-M Stereo Console and I was wondering if anyone knew of any internet resources for those of us who love the old Grundig gear? I did a search here but most of what I found was ancient history.

It is model number SO162 (see pix) and tube powered. The tube complement is:
ECC85, ECH81, EF89, EF80, EBC41, ECC83, ECC83, ECC83, EL95, EL95, EL95,EL95EM84, 2 GERMANIUM DIODES RL233, 2 SELENIUM RECTIFIERS B250 C75

I know it is probably not audiophile grade but it is something that I've wanted since I was a kid back in the '50's. What there is of it sounds pretty good, almost like I remember it.

My music collection is all digital and I don't have vinyl anymore. Even so, I wouldn't put any vinyl I valued on the included turntable but if I could find a better Grundig turntable I would consider dropping it in. The FM section sounds great but I don't have antennas for the SW or BC bands. Still, I can get a few of the stronger stations on the BC band. If I can find a schematic or service manual I would be one happy man. In general, I am surprised at how little material is out on the web for vintage G-M gear. Any direction anyone could provide would be very much appreciated.

The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Vintage Grundig Majestic Stereo Console - DaLarry 21:26:57 09/11/07 (28)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.