Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Dynaco a25's

As luck would have it I picked up a nice pair of these day before yesterday. I went to a garage sale over my lunch hour that had LP's listed, and there were three milk crates of LP's. Thumbing through them in a hurry because someone else was thumbing through them at the same time I pulled out a few that caught my eye. The other person left so I was able to take my time Records were listed for 25 cents a piece, my kind of price! Flipping through , and what's this? Sheffield Labs "I've Got the Music in Me", I have been thinking of buying this of e-pay for quite a while. I found 2 more Sheffield labs and I ended up with 47 LP's and 12 boxed sets ( classical ). When I went to pay the woman who was having the sale asked what Iwas going to do with them and I said I play them all the time. She asked if I would be interested in a reel to reel, I said sure, she goes inthe house and hauls out an Akai GX 286DB in the original box. I opened the box and it looked mint, I asked her how much she wanted for it. She asked if $10 was alright. I said sold. Then I asked her if she had a turntable, she said yes and took me inside . The tt was a disappointment, a Technics SL QD3. It was mint, but I really wasn't interested. It was sitting on top of an Akai GXC-760D cassette deck that was sitting on top of a Kenwood KR 7400 that was hooked up to a pair of Dynaco a25's. I asked if it all worked and she turned it on and it sounded pretty good. I asked how much she wanted for the equipment, she said " How about $25 and I throw in the speakers?" I said sold again. Then she opened the cabinets under the stereo and started pulling out reel to reel tapes she had made and said I could have these for free I wanted them, I said sure I do and I asked her what was on them. She said,"pop,the Beatlesand all those records you just bought" She bought the albums and recorded them to to tape and then put them away, the records had only been played once! Didn't know what the speaker model was , but through searching I discovered they were the a25s. Iam impreesed with their sound for their size I think they are keepers.

Kim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Dynaco a25's - Kim G 06:59:03 05/13/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.