Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Why not post in free classifieds here in AA?

Got a major chuckle out of this thread. I always explore my environment be it where I live, where I go to school, internet and so on. Two years ago when I got into this hobby I saw AA mentioned on another site. My second visit here I looked into the classifieds. Saw a pair of JBL L100's offered for free—pick up only! 30 miles away. Started emailing and after a couple days got a reply. Was told that they were accidently damaged (kids, wife?) over 10 years ago and put away. A project that never got done. Of course, I still wanted them. When I picked them up they were in their original boxes. After some conversation just stuck them in my car. Got them home and took a look. Complete except for badges and grill foam. One speaker had a tear in the cone and the other a hole. When I pulled the driver I found the missing piece (along with a small baby bottle) and then glued everything back together. They have been working perfectly since.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Why not post in free classifieds here in AA? - hakka26 16:06:36 05/11/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.