Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: H/K 930 help....

I am not a tech but it seems that replacing the caps would be a lot of trouble and expense for little noticable return.

The difference in the apparent output of a well designed 20-25 watt amp versus a well designed 45 watt map(like the 930's)is not very obvious sometimes. I have had 2 930's (I still have one of them). They did not impress me anymore than the 730 or the 430 that I also have. I think it was more hype than any really significant increase in performance. If I had to choose only one receiver to keep it would be the 730. However,the 930 is a handsome beast! I think that it simply has a volume control that unloads it's power at a slower rate than others. It allows you to use the complete range that the pot has to offer it is just a little lazier up to the 12:00 position and perhaps even a little farther. Still a very nice receiver! Mine needs a little work that it will get soon. Good Luck! Franksta

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.