Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Dynaco a25's with tubes vs solid state

I have several pair of A-25s and have used them with a Marantz 2230 and 1060, Fisher X-202 (7189 tubes PP) and even a mono Grommes 20PG-8 (EL84 PP). I had the Grommes driving a pair of A-25XLs in parallel. All have sounded very good together. The Fisher was perhaps the sweetest sounding, probably due to the higher power. The Marantz 1060 with the XLs is a great combination. You may want to look for a pair of the XLs as they are slightly more effecient than the standard A-25s. I do not listen to music at high levels very much but I do listen to all types from classical to rock. Rock is perhaps where my particular systems break down the most, especially at the higher volumes. I am guessing it is the speakers weakness.
My current set-ups are the 2230 with the standard A-25s in the garage shop where I work 6-8 hours a day, The A-25XLs are set up in the living room with the Marantz 1060 and the last pair of A25s are set up as the front speakers on the surround sound receiver-some Panasonic 5 channel thing. The X-202 Fisher is in my office with the Warfedale W35s

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Dynaco a25's with tubes vs solid state - dave j 11:06:41 05/10/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.