Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Holy Crap! gotta tell somebody can't hold it in-My Dynaco A-25's are sounding great all i did was to buy from Herbie

Funny, I went through a similar thing with my speakers last night. I have 40" high towers and had been listening to them for a year just placed on the carpeted floor. I had tried the spikes and rubber feet that came with them but never liked either. The floor in my audio room is concrete with 1" wood strapping and plywood on top of that (keeps the floors warmer). On top of the plywood is glued down industrial style carpet. I put 16"x16"x1-1/2" concrete patio paver on top of the carpet with a piece of rubber non slip shelf material between the concrete and the speaker. The difference in sound was simply amazing. I would never have thought something that simple would make such a difference. The bass is much more robust and tight. The speakers project much better as well.
Now I am working on more effective decoupling of my tube amp,TT and cd player.
Larry.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Holy Crap! gotta tell somebody can't hold it in-My Dynaco A-25's are sounding great all i did was to buy from Herbie - 33 1/3 23:36:12 05/04/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.