Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Yes . . .

. . . and for that savings they'll cause twice as much pollution, expose their workers to ten times as many hazardous substances and other occupational risks, are more likely to use substandard and/or dangerous materials, drive a dozen US workers out of jobs, and they may not be made as well. Is it really a savings, all things considered? I've worked on Chinese made audio equipment, and you can keep it. In many instances it's disposable junk.

I'll pay substantially more for US made consumer products whenever they are available, and for very good reason. I'm supporting a neighbor. And the stuff often holds up better. In some cases, its cheaper in the longer run. Quality can mean value. And I know there are many many folks just like me. It's a shame more manufacturers and vendors don't tap into that growing undercurrent. But profits must always come first and foremost. Four fifths of HD, Wally World and Big Box comes out of China, it seems. The search for domestic made goods gets harder and harder with each passing month.

When Jim Thiel starts sourcing his cabinets from China, I'll know the end has truly come.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.