Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Sherwood S-8000 III help needed. How to bias? What should I do to this amp to make stable?

Blue
thats one nice receiver and I have the S8000 IV and a pair of s5000 and an s5500 and the 5000s and 8000s are some of the best sounding units ever made in receivers and integrateds.
The biggest issue I have found on the receivers are the terminal strips that are heat scorched should be changed..If they arent scorched and brittle,just leave them alone.I also change out the .068 or .1 coupling caps with a nice paper in oil and you can use either going to the 7868s.
If this is a nice unit and pretty clean I would change the filter caps and Jim Mcshane has all of those for that model and they are very reasonable and they make a world of difference in performance and power and distortion will drop and power will go up if you do it right.
If you email me with your phone number I can call you and walk you thru the bias.Its a lot easier than telling you over email and I have free long distance..I can also give you my number and you can call its up to you..My email is merccougar89@yahoo.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.