Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

At my age

Everything from Feb 1969 (When my Green Camaro I ordered arrived at the dealer) and August of 1973 (when I finished my grad work at Purdue) has merged into a single glob LOL. Come to think of it, it must have been the at least the summer or fall of 1971 when I picked up those Utahs. My Large Advents say Sept, 1973 on them. I remember driving over to Logansport, IN about 40 miles away in the Green Camaro to pick up my first Allied system must have been late fall 1970, as there was no Radio Shack in Lafayette at the time. I was supposed to get two Realistic MC1000 speakers with the system, but the dealer had none in stock so he gave me two Allied 3004's instead. Both were oiled walnut two ways, with 8-inch woofers and cone tweeters, but in retrospect I think the Radio Shack MC1000 was the better of the two speakers. Radio Shack had just bought out Allied, they were selling stuff under both house brand names and the expansion of retail outlets as RS franchises had started. But then Team Electronics was walking distance to the grad dorm. Team was the source of the JVC 5521 receiver too, tho the little Allied 426 receiver did had enough power to drive the Utahs. I still have all of this stuff except for the 3004's which I sold to a grad school friend who wanted to use them as extension speakers off his big Zenith console in another room. We hooked them up and they worked pretty well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • At my age - DavidLD 06:26:17 06/11/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.