Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Expectations.

I think your right on with how our minds work. Looking at the small speaker and hearing big sound the mind has this initial jolt that exceeds reality. In my field of work, behavioral health, we are always saying perception is reality. I can remember back in the mid 70s hearing my neighbors new system which included Bose speakers. Must have been 301s (?) back in about 1976. I thought it was the most awesome system I had ever heard. And it was, I was only 15 or 16. They way they filled the room with sound, to me was incredible. Some time later I had the chance to listen to another older friends system that included AR9s. While listening to Pink Floyd album Animals for the first I got up out of my chair and went to look for the dogs barking down on the street. There were always dogs chasing and fighting back in forth in the alley below. I had been fooled. Of course, in 1976 there may have been other artificial sources impacting my perceptions. But that's another story...

Regards,
HB

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Expectations. - HamBone77 14:18:45 04/30/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.