Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: any tips on cleaning contacts or protection relay

Sometimes the right channel cuts almost totaly out and I need to do this --> push SPEAKER -A- switch in and out till the right channel kicks back to 100%,, or-- Theres a button switch to activate or deactivate the EQ (I assume its the same as a TONE DEFEAT control) and I need to push that in and out till the channel kicks back 100%. I'm gonna try to switch the speakers to SPEAKER -B- outputs and see if that helps. Now..the "guts" of the reciever-sansui z 9000- need some TLC. I try to keep it as dust free as possible, but I've never actually cleaned the contacts and connections like someone said I should do. By the way, thanks for the advice and help GRH! How do I need to go about this, and what is and where can I get some Deoxit? Pleease someone help me out! I'm very passionate about music and it makes me soo annoyed and mad when there's a flaw in the sound output.

Sean

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: any tips on cleaning contacts or protection relay - musicdude420 09:40:53 04/27/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.