Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

I found parts of the c20

Frank and Rich,I found the 4 by 5 bronze piece that goes over the volume control and the 3 switches..I had gone on berners and they had a manual for the c20 so I downloaded it.
What I did was clean all the switches and tube sockets with deoxit and then I had to put in a brand new old stock 7 pin tube socket for the 6X4 rectifier..I retubed it and plugged it in and turned it on and everthing works and sounds great for being mostly original.I thought the controls would be shot but they werent and a filter cap was changed before I got it as evidenced by the extra unused section.
Anyway no noise in the volume pot except when you get down to the very end before you switch it off there was a slight noise but thats now gone since the calilube soaked in and all the other pots are dead quiet..Im changing the coupling caps out as all the bumblebees have to go..I cant believe that both channels work so well and even but then if you look inside,its pretty clean..I just wish the back looked half as good but oh well.Anyway I think this preamp is going to surprise me and I think the tube rect may be part of the reason.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - I found parts of the c20 - Michael Samra 02:41:12 04/26/07 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.