Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Large Advent Pride!

Yes I agree, The stack with 2 pairs of Originals sounds better than this Original/New stack. Of course that is what the Utility cabinet stack is Originals in a vinyl covered cabinet. They don't compare in looks to this pair but they sound considerable better stacked in my opinion. It also has a lot to do with HOW I have that pair hooked up however. [If anyone wants to know I will explain although I have mentioned it before.] I even had to replace the grille cloth on the 4 utilities. The cloth is a little different on each pair so I must correct that some day.

I have given consideration to "straping" that utility pair together in one cabinet using an outer shell made of plywood or MDF. I have hesitated however because of the idea of how heavy and cumbersome they would be. Maybe a set of casters on the bottom? I know it's overkill but the idea still intrigues me! Has anyone ever done that? Best! Franksta

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Large Advent Pride! - Franksta 08:38:48 04/18/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.