Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Choosing grille cloth for Bozak CG/Symphony

This is a big job on CGs and Symphonies. First---do not google speaker replacement cloth. I did and bought from two sellers--it was crapola. I was looking for plain off white and black. I ended up at the sewing store and found a light weight (almost see through) meezar type poly cloth. It was perfect--- a little stretchy. My hope was to mimic the gathered curtain "factory" look of the cloth--forget about that---you need four extra arms!

I did over a pair of Morrish CGs--what a PIA. Remove every staple one at a time, don't dare bend the cardboard/fiberboard, you'll see. I even repainted the cross hatch grill work (a soft gold)---another PIA. A good five hour job. I put them back in place and wouldn't you know it...the gold grills stood out (like sore thumbs) reflecting with the plasma with the lights off (these CGs are the heart of my HT set up). So...

I did it all over and without the metal grill work---its looks totally goth---I love it. I drive these bi-amped CGs with Pio M-25s. They sound as good as my MBL 101Es. The bass is scary.

Peter Breuninger
Stereophile Contributing Editor

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Choosing grille cloth for Bozak CG/Symphony - Peter Breuninger 18:00:15 04/10/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.