Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Much wisdom here

Some people spend their entire lives chasing dreams and unsuccessfully trying to find pots of gold at the end of rainbows, never recognizing or appreciating that the dream and the pot of gold is already theirs if they only took a moment out to stop and look and listen.

Very true. That was certainly the way I approached audio in my teens when I was constantly searching for "more" where the average age of a component was about a year. When I did finally experience audio nirvana in my early twenties, I was released of my obsession. I had finally reached the summit of the mountain. Today, I certainly enjoy hearing statement systems from time to time but no longer am driven to constantly pursue them.

While the main system does provide an incrementally better "you-are-there-experience", I really do spend more time overall with the vintage one. When the time for me to downsize occurs, I will probably end up keeping the Advents. :)

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Much wisdom here - E-Stat 11:13:45 04/09/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.