Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Diminishing Returns - Part 2

Quantity over quality. That's the mass market draw of the newer technology. Always has been, always will be.

There's a lot of unmatched musical pleasure still hiding in the grooves of many an old LP. But most folks would rather have 200+ channels of compressed media available at the press of a remote control button, or 1000+ songs in the palm of their hand.

Most of the best vintage inventory from the '50s through the '60s has already passed from the original owners by now and has new owners or has been discarded. The hottest time for all of that was in the '90s and early '00s. Mainly what's left now are the unwanted dogs and collectors' flips. No real deals anymore, except by chance. Nowadays, you'll see more original owner activity for '70s gear, as that generation starts to pass their stuff along. That's where the deals are now.

I'm not giving anything more away at this point, nor am I looking for any more of it unless something fails beyond repair. All the golden ears near and dear to me have been provisioned out for the long haul.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.