Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Almost fell back into the "what if I just upgrade this..." trap

Money can be a funny thing in audio. You wish you had endless amounts but in reality it can only cause confusion. So I had a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket. Looking around I started to feel the spend me / upgrade me bug beginning to embed itself (more like take over) into my brain.

Finally after years and about two tons of audio gear I finally have what I would consider " a good an audio setup for ME and my needs". So changing anything now would surely end in regrets. So I decided to take my money and fix up various audio parts in need of cosmetic or minor electronic work. Basically fix all those burn out lights and some caps and get a tuner for the downstairs system.

For once I feel really good passing by the hyped up gear that I am SURE in the end can only have mininal good changes, or really big bad changes.

System
McIntosh C-26 preamp
Dynaco MKII mono blocks with KT-88 driver tubes
Marantz 112 tuner (I have been down tuner alley and yes I am very happy)
NAD CDP

Backup systems
Marantz 2252b ( I love this thing)

downstairs system
Dynaco PAD fully modded preamp
Marantz 250 amp
Marantz 2230 receiver being used as a tuner

Here is were I need a tuner.

charles

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Almost fell back into the "what if I just upgrade this..." trap - airtime 16:08:09 04/06/07 (29)

You can not post to an archived thread.