Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Need help with voltage problem

I recently bought awhile back a Realistic Lab 800 magnetic cartridge Turntable at an Estate sale for $4.00. I was told it was never used and it looks like it never really was,even the plastic cover is still there over the Stylus and cartridge! They told me it went with a Realistic 800 Stereo System which was sold earlier,but that the people had no use for the turntable and wanted just the rest of the stereo!The problem is the Turntable does not have a standard AC cord but rather what looks like a DC plug that went and pluged in the back of the Realistic 800 Stereo System!The end of the plug unscrews and the 2 wires could be desoldered,so I'm think if I know the proper DC voltage
and Mil-amps,along with ground and positive,I should be able to solder
a DC Transformer of the right voltage and Mil-amps to make it work as it does have Phono plugs coming out of the back to hook into the phono
input on my Superscope Amp!Does anyone here have any ideals as to what the voltage and Mil-amps should be? Could something like this be done and properly work ok safely on any Amp with a magnetic phono input? I hate to just part out the cartridge and stylus which looks to be Audio Technica!Besides I know it is not a high end turntable,but for the moment it would serve my needs just fine on my Superscope system?What are your thoughts or suggestions?Brian

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Need help with voltage problem - Brian McGowan 19:55:35 04/01/07 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.