Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Best method for running multiple speakers at once

Any recommendations for the best way to run multiple sets of speakers at once? I'd like to play around with a "wall of sound" of my vintage speakers and am wondering the best way to go about this to prevent damage to speakers or amps/receivers.

Option A: Buy a speaker selector unit that accepts several sets of speakers and allows one or more pair to be played at a time. Monster has a unit that accepts six pairs and claims that all can be run at once safely. Any opinions? Any other selector units recommended?

Option B: Run my source (i.e. turntable or cd player) into Amp A, go tape out from Amp A to tape in Amp B, go tape out from Amp B to tape in Amp C, etc. Run one pair of speakers from each amp. Turn 'em all on at once but I'm afraid this might lead to (in the words of Journey) "when the lights go down in the city."

Anyone else have any experience running a wall of sound? I'm serious about this. (Unfortunately, Phil Spector is preoccupied at the moment.)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Best method for running multiple speakers at once - bystander 09:15:12 04/01/07 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.