Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Fisher RS-1060 vs. the competition

As a newbie to vintage, I am looking to buy a receiver that has decent power (>60wps, preferably in the 100 w range), has a very good phono stage, a good tuner stage, and will drive modern speakers. Ultimately, this receiver will drive a second system w/ 2 pair of speakers, but for now it will be a stopgap in my main system as I transition from multichannel solid state to 2 channel tube.

I am looking for something with musicality, PRAT, and a decent soundstage (although I am willing to give on soundstage). What I don't want is something harsh or blatantly colored. I love the cool displays and power meters....always lusted after a big Mac.

I am open to your collective wisdom. Besides the Fisher RS-1060, I am considering a Fisher 500C (low power and probably too low a damping factor for contemporary speakers), Pioneer SX-1010 or similar, Sansui G-8000 or similar or perhaps an HK. I like the look of the Kenwood KR-7600 or 9600, but am very concerned with the issue of replacing an integrated circuit if the need arises. I don't want to buy a piece that cannot be repaired.

Money, of course, is a real constraint. Need to keep it under 3 bills with shipping. Appreciate your thoughts.

Brian

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Fisher RS-1060 vs. the competition - bdlorenc 08:39:38 03/29/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.