Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Crossover calculations?

OK, that makes sense. I know the Res varies but I really don't have the equipment to measure it myself under all the variable conditions. I have an Ohm meter and that's about it and some literature I've found on various forums. The 123a woofer is pretty well documented however the 035 is very difficult to find any hard facts on. JBL lit. like the L80T, l20T, 4312 etc all list the 035 as having a DCR of 3.5 to 4.2 ohms. The 2way L60t crosses at 2500 HZ. The oldest and simplest is the 4312 3way. It has a 104H3 mid 2213 woofer(replacement for the 123a) It crosses at 1.5khz and 7khz. using a 10uF and .01 caps to the mid and L-pad and 3mf
and.01 mf with L-pad to the tweeter and lets the woofer roll off just like the L100. The L100 uses the 8mF cap to the Mid and 3mf to the tweeter both with L-pads. crossing at 1500 and 6000 repectively.

Just thought of something.... The L-pad is 8 Ohms in all of these. How does that effect things? They appear to be wired in series so the resistance is what?... 16 for the old LE25 (8+8) and 12 for the new? (4+8)? Does this make sense?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.