Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Pioneer RT-707 lost the 19ips speed

Hi, all. I posted this in Tape Trail and realized it was probably the wrong group to post to, so here goes, again....Just set up an RT-707 after cleaning. The deck is in suprisingly great shape. All speed and record functions seemed to work. All lights and LEDs work. Auto stop and counter work fine. I was able to do a brief recording and playback in both speeds. Sounded great. I was erasing a tape at 19ips (line in set to off) for more testing. First side erased/ran without problems. Sometime into the second side (I wasn't in the room when it happened) the speed dropped off to, I guess 9.5 ips. Now, I have no 19ips speed, no pitch control...just slow speed in play, record, either direction and regardless of any switch exercising. I doubt it is the speed control switch. I did a Deoxit clean of the Speed switch without positive results. There is no hint of anything burnt other than the normal musty, old-age/storage smell. Any help would be appreciated. Just need some ideas on where to start looking. Thanks in advance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Pioneer RT-707 lost the 19ips speed - Dorathy 11:49:03 03/27/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.