Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Rotating Marantz 2330B into system this week. Anything I should be cautious about before hooking up??

A few months back I purchased a Marantz 2330B in reported working condition. Unit appears fairly clean and powers up. The back plate fuse holder has had a chunk knocked out of it. But the fuse is intact and the circuit appears intact. All buttons operate smoothly.

This piece is a bit more valuable to me than the Technics SA200 I am currently using and was wondering if there is anything I should do prior to simply hooking speakers up and powering up.

I have not had the case off but a look inside the vents does not reveal any swollen or leaking caps. There is no evidence on the outside of any electrical problems. No leaks, burn marks etc....

Thanks for any suggestion or past experiences. Oh, btw, since I am roatating this beast in what is generally considered the handling power of orginal Large Advents??

Regards,
HB

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Rotating Marantz 2330B into system this week. Anything I should be cautious about before hooking up?? - HamBone77 08:55:16 03/26/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.