Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Small Efficient Bookshelf for Office

I have had both the Paradigm Atom and Titan, in fact, I have 5 Titans (can't pass them up when I see them). Both work very well at lower volumes. I had the Titans set up for the longest time and when I tried the Atoms in their stead, I really noticed the drop in bass, but if you don't do a head to head, the Atoms are really impressive especially for their size. A side note, the 5 Titans I have are version 1 and all have needed refoaming, so count on having to do that if you buy an older pair. The mainelectronics.com foam seems to be a good fit and is cheap.

The Paradigms have rear ports, so you cannot push them up against a bookshelf or wall. If you want a front port, I also fool around with a pair of JBL 4301B which I saw a pair go for a mere $130 on Ebay recently, so they are in the same price range as used Titans. Bigger and heavier, better sounding of course and easy to refoam with 8" generic foam from matelectronics (.99 each). Mine are not for sale.

The Minimus 7 has been suggested. When I got my pair and swapped them for the Titans, wife walked into the room and had me change back to the Titans immediately. I like the 7s for what they are, but if quality of sound is important, then they are the wrong ones for the application. Of course, this is just a peronal opinion, many people love them and that's just fine.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Small Efficient Bookshelf for Office - lukiedog 05:48:51 03/21/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.