Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: one of the least talked about amps? Electronic Industries (pre-ARC) M60 ?

Ah, interesting. I am a newb to vintage (sounds like an oxymoron) and appreciate the recommendations. Could you elaborate on "I would reinstall the gz34"? I see from tubedata.org that that's a rectifier. Wondering what it is about that?

I only wish that they were 'amps' (plural) as you mention, but unfortunately there was only one. :( The person selling it had been looking for a mate for years; I guess finally gave up.

The reason I was thinking of more is, I'm tri-amping my front 3 speakers (Klipsch La Scala that I'll only end up using the bass horn from them, which I'm giving a shot-gun wedding to, mating to full sized and mini smith horns for mid and tweeter with JBL drivers). I purchased some medium/high power Dukane amps for 2 of the midrange (this amp for the center) and 3 'low' power 6V6 Bell & Howell amps for tweeters. So why I'm thinking of 'cloning' this amp is, for one, I think I'll be happier with this amp then the Dukanes (have to hear to know tho), and I don't think the Bell & Howell amps will be enough power. 6 of these amps would be pretty nice me thinks for driving both mid and tweeter.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.