Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

PING HOK

John
I have done several 240s and I just did the recent one of my own and basically you have a couple options.You can put the twist locs in from antique electronic supply or you can get better quality caps from Jim Mcshane that will work fine in there...All you need are a couple 820uf@250v for the doubler and a pair of dual 100@500v jj or the F&T and both of these are better than the twist locs sonically and considerably less money.
Using extra capacitance will give you a more stable power suuply and you can put them in goop which is like an RTV silicone and that way you can put it back to original if you ever want to with the twish locs with no damage and the old goop just peels off.
The coupling caps I use vitaman Qs on that amp and I had gone with .33 at 600v which gives you more of a sonic richness but still classic mac and I use .047s k40s for the phase inverter.You should at least change the bumblebee caps for now becuase those split open a lot and you cant see it many times.
I guarantee you will like the sound of these upgrades because it doesnt change the signature sound but it purifies it and being the original caps are paper they will be similar.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - PING HOK - Michael Samra 00:20:53 03/20/07 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.