Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Fuses and Schematics

I just had two excellent transactions with vendors concerning my vintage gear. I have no affiliation with either but they each represent a resourse that may be helpful.

The first is a gent from whom I purchased a schematic on eBay but subsequently was developing his own site. If you need schematics you can't find elsewhere, check him out. If I understood correctly, he inherited or purchased at estate a huge collection of originals. He had perfect copies of a Fisher 500T receiver and Sherwood 5500II integrated which were both difficult to find...best of all the price was $22 for both delivered. He's a good guy and can be contacted (with his permission) at mikebrain@comcast.net .

The second is a better known source--Mike Brinkman of Acme audio. I just replaced standard fuses protecting the Heil AMT tweeters on a highly modified set of ESS Towers. My goal is to make the top end (which I basically like) more refined and transparent. Well the Acme fuses in this critical area did just that. For a total of $24 it was a very noticable improvement. These fuses are silver "coated"/cryoed and while I have not compared them to the HiFi Tuning ALL silver fuses, at an additional $70 to make the test, I'm inclined to look elsewhere as the Acme fuses sound GREAT already. Next step is a pair of Mundorf caps and some new internal wire, all of which combined will cost about $70.

Hope these recommendations help!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Fuses and Schematics - Supercool! 23:21:32 03/19/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.