Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Hmmmm...

I am guessing you're looking for a two-way speaker with about a 6" woofer... My research has lead me to believe that smaller speakers are LESS efficient than larger. (In general.) I would look for EPI 70, Boston A40 and my favorite of the genre, the Celestion Ditton 100. If you can fit a cabinet about a third larger than those three I would look for something in the ADS 400 series. (L400, 420, 470 etc.) Probably all those speakers could provide pleasant moderate listening in a small room with 20-25 watts or so. The only speakers around that size that I would consider efficient that I have heard have been a few Klipsch models, specifically the KG2 and KG1.5 They were pretty good, but nothing I needed to keep. The KG1.5 is pretty small, has a heavy well built cabinet, and a vented 6" woofer. Pretty good bass, but the horn tweeter had a narrow "sweet spot".
Or you might think of your Minimus 7's and hide a powered subwoofer under the desk...

--Matt
"Cold Turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds..." --Homer Simpson

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Hmmmm... - realistico 14:12:54 03/19/07 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.