Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Bose lore (long)

Thanks for taking the time with that one,Jerry!

Your post is an excellent distillation of previous posts of yours that I came upon when I performed a search of Bose 301 in the asylum.
Makes it much easier for the simple-minded (i.e.:me) to understand.

You have some excellent information regarding setup.May I ask how you developed all of this information.I am very curious to know how you have developed the information of the speaker placement regarding it's immediate surroundings.Is most from trial and error experience? Have you worked with setup with various makes and models of speakers over time? I think when all of my gear is ready to go and ready to setup I will start another thread,and go through the process with you as I go,probably in about 2 weeks or so.I am very interested in seeing how you go through it,and your method of getting it right (I am guessing that your way is somewhat methodical and not merely hit or miss).

I am definately going to look for a couple of pairs of 301s.With your information,their ideal size and their look, I am sure that I can use them somewhere.I hope that I can get some advice with the rebulding of those,as I am sure they will need work to some degree.

I will probably look for an AM-5 setup also.It seems to me that this type of system would hold the ultimate in flexibility/adjustability,with their tiny speaker size,in a difficult space.Are you recomending one setup, 1 sub and two small satelites,or more? Why the Bose setup for this,and why the Series II?

I am curious to get your opinion on how a company such as Bose,with all of their assets and supposed product testing/development.would not be able to vastly improve and upgrade their new products over their older products (in real world setings) and how their 30y.o. products would be better than their latest.

I apologize for any future carpal problems you may have,LOL!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Bose lore (long) - BGone 06:15:26 03/19/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.