Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

To all you chicken shi*s in warm climates..

I hope you had a nice weekend with your vintage gear.

Our whole neighborhood was out in force with picks, shovels. ice choppers, sledges, salt, and whatever they could find (even some kind of mountain climbing pick) trying to get rid of the ice from Fridays 12 hours of sleet. My elbows have turned to Jell-O and my calluses have blisters. After I was done helping everyone I had the pleasure of tearing down the Passat to repair the windshield wiper linkage that broke Friday (a long 5 miles from home) I will probably stop bleeding soon. So while searching the linkage layout on the net I was able to read the stories of how people trashed a 30 valve motor at 63,000 miles when the water pump froze and broke the timing belt. Yeah I got to find out about sunroof leaks first hand, while trying to defrost the wipers, idling with the defroster on high, and ice on the roof. Next I helped my neighbor fix his garage door operator that bent the brackets trying to open a door stuck with ice. That is now earthquake proof but I need a new trigger assy. for my trusty Black and Decker screw gun.

I also have a new microwave. My wife while cleaning of the inside of the almost new Sharp got water on the power transformer. My bride had a good time shopping while she went to pick up a replacement. This gave her a chance to clean the sleet off the statue of her at the local mall.

Saint Patrick’s day evening went well I think, I will have to ask by phone before I go to the local pub again.

Could this be the start of the 4 years of bad luck from the email I didn’t forward.

Tell me something good. LOL

Al

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - To all you chicken shi*s in warm climates.. - Al Nico 17:27:11 03/18/07 (22)

You can not post to an archived thread.