Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

A man with questions about NADs

I put this in the amp/pre section but I realised that it would be apropriate to put it in vintage too.

I own an NAD c350 integrated amp currently... I hate to say it, but it is probably a bit much for me right now. I would honestly love to have a receiver with a tuner, a/b speaker switches, a basic built in phono stage and so on...

I actually even own that stuff as seperates (some NAD, some not), but I live in a small place and would like the convenience of a receiver.

Here is my question: Rather than buying a new NAD reciever, would I be shooting myself in the foot if I got an older one off of ebay... say from the late 80's early 90's (or even earlier)? I power a set of PSB alpha Ts for the living room and a set of Alpha Bs for a desktop system. Has NAD improved on their tech enough over the years to make this a really bad idea? Does anyone here have any experience with vintage NAD compared to modern? I am seriously considering a 7250PE on ebay right now.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - A man with questions about NADs - Yashu 14:39:31 03/17/07 (19)

You can not post to an archived thread.