Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Idol Worship

Must be one of the few who hasn't seen A.I., though saw Clay Aiken & Kelly Clarkson inside Arco whilst an usher a few years back. They were actually more entertainin' than Liz Phair when she played San Fran's Fox Warfield around that time. One of me buds down @ the local watering hole had one of his sons head up to Seattle for A.I. tryouts a few months back. They said he had a nice voice, but was disqualified because ever'body picks Stevie Wonder songs. Told him to hip his son to Sam Cooke's songbook for his next endeavor(he was granted a return engagement because of his good pipes); there's gotta be a few good tunes therein! ... David, thought you were totally enamoured of Norah Jones! She might have that auld soul vibe, but she is contemporary. Hope she stops by da Bay this concert season. Giggin' inside Raley Field would be right on time, but a Berkeley Greek Theatre or Concord Pavillion stopover wouldn't be too bad, either(Mountainview's Shoreline Amplitheatre makes for a gruelin' drive home). You'd find Tori Amos & Diana Krall enticin' too! Took a friend to Tori's 9/11/05 Concord Pavillion appearance. Borrowin' da binox, she said "now I know why you love Tori". "Because she's a great keyboardist", moi inquired. "That too", she responded. Tori did great covers of John Lennon's "Imagine" & Madonna's "Live To Tell" that chilly East Bay evening! As previously stated, aint seen A.I., but to say this Lakisha has better chops than Aretha, that's blasphemy! Sorta like watchin' Sammy treat Eddie like a hired string slinger during Van Hagar's '04 tour! ... Yo HiFi Buff, Ian Hunter opined, in Mott's "Golden Age of Rock & Roll", that "the golden age of rock & roll will never die, as long as kids feel the need to laugh & cry"!!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Idol Worship - FRG7SWL 08:40:37 03/15/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.