Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: American Idol doesn't feature "pop." It's schlock. Big difference. nt

hehehehe Tinear,..i guess thats why the show chases me out of the room whenever judith watches it.
I guess its the whole presentation that numbs me...
I do love Simons comentary though..sometimes hes dead on.
While yes, as David put it,there have been some"discoverys" made there ,but the comparison to Aretha kinda suprised me
We have to keep in mind that these are Young voices,.. with a fair ways to go before we hear a seasoned offering
The other night someone mentioned Aretha, and i tried to think of anyone established in music that can match her control..thats the keyword..control,. lots of singers have power, Celine, Whitney, Striesand,..but most (especially Striesand) are weak in the that dept.. even after the yrs of polish in the business.
When i think of an Aretha match i think of Someone like Ella Fitgerald.smooth as silk , tough as nails, as the music dictates.
BUt hey... thats my take
But pull out Arethas recording with George Benson "love all the hurt away"with QUincy Jones at the big desk.. you'll see what i mean by full control shes all over the song, yet never stealing .
ANways, this is the wrong assylum for this, but hey,. seize the moment.

ROb,

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.