Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Seeking Not So Vintage Speakers for NSV receiver?

I followed some advice here (thank you!) and picked up a not so vintage (NSV) Prologic receiver to get good bang for the buck for my shop/outdoor system.I purchased a used(circa 1999)Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver.I went with this one because it is capable of powering two seperate sets of speakers together of seperately,it even has 2 remotes for both systems.This way I can power speakers inside my garage/shop or outdoors or both simultaneously,with seperate controls.Any comments on the receiver are appreciated.

Now,it is time for speakers (of course).Does anybody think I should go the same route again? I'm talking about the Garage/shop(indoor) speakers-not going to get into the outdoor stuff yet.The factors are this:it's a garage about 13'x26'and hard surfaces everywhere,drywall walls and ceiling,concrete floor,12' high ceiling.Going to run it in stereo,not interested in surround,really.Already have run 14ga in wall speaker wire with Leviton quick-port gold-plated binding posts in place,about 12' apart.

Speakers need to be bookshelf size,less than 15" tall,can't go on the floor,it's a garage.They will be about 6' above the floor.

Well,any guidance is appreciated.And if I continue to go vintage,how long before people start calling me vintage,also?
Here is some stuff on the Yamaha RX-V2095

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_6_1/yamaharxv2095receiver.html

Going to stick to my guns and stay with the budget...$300...for two!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Seeking Not So Vintage Speakers for NSV receiver? - BGone 23:12:06 03/13/07 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.