Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: The year, 1962

I also had the weber conversion on my Alfa and a low restriction exhaust that was so loud I felt bad starting it in the morning under my carport to go to work (which just amplified it even more). I'm sure I had some neighbors cursing me..
Speaking of rolling cars down a hill. I had a Maserati Citroen SM (rare 5 speed version)and it ate me out of house and home. It was a blast to drive and looked like a little space ship but every time you turned the key something broke. The last year I owned it it cost me over $5000 in maintenance and it only had 28k miles on it. One day I was driving it to Maryland from VA and on the beltway near DC a semi crossed into my lane and his cabs tires hit me and the car spit out into and over the guard rail and down a steep embankment and into a chain link fence near the bottom that kept me from going into the run off pond which was full. The trucker never stopped and kept going. The guy that had been behind me thought I was going to hit him after the truck knocked me out of control and he spun out and caused a minor pile up. When the trucker was later caught he said he thought he had killed me so he took off. The car was amazingly intact considering but the wrecker did way more damage than the accident did winching it back up. The insurance wouldn't total it because of the high value the car still had then so it got repaired. I sold it to a guy in San Fran who had another one with a blown engine and wanted mine so he could use his for parts for it. He called me a few months later to tell me he got caught in a storm somewhere and the car got totally submerged under water so I guess that car was just jinxed.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: The year, 1962 - DaveInVA 08:07:07 03/12/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.