Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

May change my living room rig & need advice

Hey all.

My wife & I live in a smallish house & space is pretty tight One reason space is tight is... me. My audio hobby has resulted in more stuff than we have room for, so we're trying to figure out a way to downsize. In the living room I have a total of 8 speakers. (Four for the TV rig, two for the stereo and two for the computer rig) I'd like to consolidate everything down to two small bookshelf speakers and a good sub. (I'm working on buying a Dayton Titanic powered sub)

But I only want to do this if it won't be a sonic downgrade. Here's what I currently have:

Phase Linear 2000 MkII preamp
Marantz 510R power amp
Polk Monitor 10 speakers.

I really like how smooth and uncolored the Polk Monitor 10s sound. I have a pair of Polk Monitor 4s that I'd thought of using as satellite speakers with a sub. Would there be a much better option?

Also, I'd need a really good remote controllable preamp with lots of inputs. Any recommendations?

Cheers & thanks for the help,
Bobbo :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - May change my living room rig & need advice - soundnut 04:29:29 03/12/07 (10)

You can not post to an archived thread.