Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Hoping for a History Leason #2: Dukane 1A475C

Your arguments aren't very convincing. You disparage technical mumbo jumbo with a barage of audiophile mumbo jumbo sprinkled with...technical mumbo jumbo.

I'm curious where the issue of new vs old comes from. Nowhere is this issue mentioned in the thread. I'll be the first to agreee that some very fine sounding audo equipment was produced in the era of these amps. I've found no evidence but your word so far that these particular Dukane PA amps are good sounding. Is it possible for a so-called PA amp to sound good? I suppose so. The Altec 1568 and 1569 come to mind and there are others.

I'm also curious about the real performance capabilities of these amps. Did you ever measure these amps for freq resp, power output and distortion?

Parting question...and you probably knew this was coming...If the 1A475s are so special, why did you get rid of yours? The life of my 1A475s and 435s hangs on your answer. References to Joe Rosen not helpful.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.