Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Boy, are the FleaBay scams getting Heavy

The other scammer on eBay is someone that posts a TON of gear all at once, Audio Research, NAIM, Bryston, McIntosh, etc., with ridiculously low starting prices, the listing tells you not to bid, but the "buy it now" price is always immensly large, and in Pounds, and that they "won't sell through the bidding". They are even stupid enough to list the same item multiple times in the same category, thinking if they spread them out by 4 or 5 other of their scams no one will notice. They also seem to think that no one will notice that every photo of every piece of gear is taken in a completely different location, by vastly different qualities of camera/photographer.

Just for grins and giggles once, I e-mailed this person like it says in the listing, expressing interest, to see if they responded. They did, with an even more obviously shady-sounding way of going about the transaction, which leads me to believe they are more interested in stealing accounts than scoring off a fake audio gear transaction. To keep playing, I e-mailed back saying that I would agree to their terms, but ONLY if they sent me a photo of the piece of gear sitting next to a print out of my e-mail, in the same frame, un-photoshopped. Funny, they didn't respond to that one . . . :)

BT

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.