Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

I would disagree

Burhoe's designs became less successful as time went on so whatever genius he possessed didn't manifest itself in the marketplace. The guy at Human speakers seems to blame marketeers but Burhoe's final designs appear to be exact copies of the stuff Epicure couldn't give away so I might have called him more of a savant but I didn't because I was trying to be nice. What bugged me was Jerry's comment about Burhoe's following because the line appeared to be lifted directly from Human's site and if you take the time to Google him you get nothing. How much of a genius can the guy be if no one chronicles his success'. By the way, have you ever built a set of speakers? A lot of time a haphazard approach works wonders because unlike a cautious approach you don't know what you are going to get which can be a very good thing. It has nothing to do with being struck by lightning and more to do with a willingness to take chances which all really great designers have. Incremental improvement can always come later. As to your desire for the guy to try surrounds I would first ask if the original poster even knows he has the original drivers and if he really wants to rebuild a speaker that had zero commercial success when he has already got phenomenal results without spending a dime. I love how guys like you and Jerry are never unwilling to tell some one else to spend their money based on absurd recollections and assumptions. So, it's just my opinion but your assertion was false even before this example popped up.
John..

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.