Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: What did you -when you didn't want to hurt their feelings ?

Years ago i visited a buddy in California. He'd been telling me about this awesome system his neighbor had. He wangled an invitation from this guy to listen to his system.

Had to be at least $30-40,000. No furniture in the living/dining room except for one chair, it was all taken over by his system. His wife and kids were in the family room. He kept bragging about his "world class" system. Didn't image worth a damn and had some of the same funny artifacts that Bose 901's often did, with the image of a huge disembodied head floating around the room on vocals and huge floating instruments that wandered about. Plus his new Cal Audio CD player was screwed up and applied HDCD to some non-HDCD CD's.

I covered by commenting how nicely his system got the timbre of individual instruments (like: "really nice tympani").

I couldn't wait to get out of there. The stress of being polite and proper as invited guest was killing me. I really wanted to tell him he was a pompous jerk and his "world class" system sucked.

Jerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: What did you -when you didn't want to hurt their feelings ? - Bold Eagle 07:36:40 03/09/07 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.