Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: What did you -when you didn't want to hurt their feelings ?

I'm going through this right now in my own house with (hold your breath)...my wife. You see, ever since I got into recording and really critically listening to music, my eyes (well, my ears) have really opened. What used to sound good to me now sounds too "affected". My wife and I used to love heavy bass, rockin' out to our huge Cerwin Vega speakers. She still does, so every time I audition a new set of speakers and have her take a listen her remark is "Not enough bass". Meanwhile, I'm experiencing Nirvana (at least of the musical variety...). So as a concession, I told her I am going to recap the Vegas to "open them up" to how they sounded before. I'm hoping a little midrange will be restored and I'll be able to listen to music with my wife again without wanting to crank down the bass control. Wish me luck, Scott

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: What did you -when you didn't want to hurt their feelings ? - farr out 21:30:18 03/08/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.