Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Burhoe Acoustics update

You've missed the point of my post entirely and by condescendingly adding that "Changing out the woofer would be akin to taking a pair of Futtermans and replacing the driver circuits with say a driver from a Dyna ST70." are continuing to deride the first posters efforts. Without hearing his newly modded speakers you, and others, have no idea whether they represent an improvement or not. And, the idea that certain designers or products are somehow special and filled with some sort of undefinable genius when when they were built and sold they were midfi at best is absurd. I'm not knocking EPI stuff. I had a pair of 100s when new in the 70's and an old pair of 70s now but they are what they are and that's nothing more than better than average box speakers. There is a market for vintage speakers and to argue that Burhoe's stuff is somehow more remarkable than than the market thinks it is just doesn't make sense.
John...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.